Tuesday, February 22, 2011

paula deen will take your blues away..

for the last few weeks, well lets put it this way - months. ive been sitting at home. Yeah that sounds cruel but its true. Well, in Pakistan i had expertly occupied my time teaching teenage girls english but more or less, wedding prep had taken over and the hopes of traversing new boundaries in the land of opportunities (sometimes that just sounds like a myth) had my hopes riding high. Im currently stepping into the mean, cut throat, unforgiving job market which involves a LOT Of alone time. Hence, since cooking was never my forte and i can always use this precious time judiciously, i have without intention taken a stab at perfecting my cooking or at least im attempting to, now, well from today. a few easy dishes with preparation time less than what it takes me to dry my hair has me going on a high of excitement. Today, i jotted down a recipe for a crazy delish chocolate mustard with caramel whipped cream and mint. Prep time - 3 hours (counting the time it takes to cool in the fridgy). The yalls can be a bit unnerving especially when her sons join her in with this notorious catch phrase and the pig and ox feet southern concoctions are not desirable but her dessert certainly is since she likes to stick to butter and things of rich creamy consistency. I have promised myself to be more regular about hitting the gym even though the 10 min walk through ice and slush is always always a deterrent. I must resort to this if i plan to make chocolate goodness and not expect to pack the pounds on each side of my sizable buttock. I may use this blog to rant or rave about my cooking results. How well i actually stick to this new desired plan or how badly i fail either at taking a stab at it or just being a failure at cooking great cuisine. Hers to happy hoping, happy cooking and happy searching for work which will enable me to venture out more frequently from this apartment and not be in my husband's face all the time - ok i take that back. but stilll...its no fun to CHECK out new york city in freezing weather on your own :D

No comments:

Post a Comment